Traditionally, sufism is one of the established Islamic sciences that deals with self-development and development of better character.
The major approach to achieve that purpose is based on observing three levels:
- Body: Commitment to the basic principles of Islam.
- Heart: Commitment to clean the heart from impurities such as:
- Spirit: Commitment to have a pure recognition of God?[Dhikr] and achieve ultimate human perfection on the example of our Most Beloved Prophet (Peace and Blessings upon him).
Masters of this science include among others:
- Imam Abul-Qasim Al-Junaid
- Imam Abu-Hamid Al-Ghazali
- Imam Abu- Abdulrahman Al-Sulami