The concept of Prophet in Islam is very specific.
A prophet is someone who has been formally commissioned by God to pass on a message to people.
- It is a very honourable title given only by God. No one can acquire prophethood, no matter how good he can be. It is something granted by God alone beyond any doubt.
- Prophets are usually supported with miracles.
- Prophets are perfect?role models.
- Prophets are human.?They eat, drink, go shopping, marry, have children.
- Prophets are protected from committing sins.
- Prophets must:
- be truthful,
- be trustworthy,
- be intelligent, and
- have conveyed their message in full to people the way it was revealed to them by God.
- The Quran mentioned 25 of them, such as:
- Jesus Christ, and
- Mohammad (Peace and blessings be upon them all).